Treating Your Sciatic Nerve Pain
Your sciatic nerve runs from your lower back, through your buttocks, and down the back of each leg. When this nerve becomes inflamed or irritated, it results in a condition known as sciatica. Here at Lake Marion Chiropractic Center, we have natural treatments that can help our Lakeville and St. Paul patients ease their sciatic nerve pain.
Reasons of Why Sciatica Happens
There are a few reasons why sciatica occurs, such as:
- Age: As we get older, changes in the spine happens, leading to the chance of a disc herniating and causing sciatic nerve pain.
- Diabetes: An imbalance of blood sugar can damage the nerve and trigger the symptoms of sciatica.
- Sitting for extended periods: Sitting for long periods can put pressure on the sciatic nerve, which could bring forth pain, numbness, or tingling in your legs.
- Obesity: The extra body weight can not only stress the spine but can result in spinal changes that bring about sciatica.
To prevent flare-ups of sciatica, avoid things that would place additional pressure on the sciatic nerve. Also, you should:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Use proper lifting techniques
- Have good posture
- Perform exercises to strengthen the lower back
Chiropractic Treatment for Relieving Sciatic Nerve Pain
In the case of sciatica, your sciatic nerve irritation or compression can be relieved with non-invasive techniques like adjustments, decompression therapy, exercise, and massage. These methods can also reduce sciatic nerve inflammation, keep symptoms at bay, and improve mobility.
Contact Us to Book an Appointment
Schedule an appointment today with Lake Marion Chiropractic Center in Lakeville and St. Paul if you are bothered by sciatica. We can create a plan to help you improve your sciatica so that you can live a life free of pain. Call 952-469-8385 today.